Monday, September 16, 2013

White Trim + Black Door = Happiness

This summer I spent most of my free time painting, painting, and painting some more. I have to say all the work was worth it.  Out of all the projects I have done to this house none have made as big of difference as painting the trim white.  It has brightened up the whole house.


I have always wanted white trim, but the task seemed daunting.  This summer I summoned up all my courage and put the paint brush to the wood. The result is so worth it!  The pictures don't do it justice.  The difference the white trim has made in my home is amazing.


This was one of those projects that I just started in on and did not even think to take any before pictures, so here is a picture from last Christmas that shows the banister and front door before the white paint.


One last picture of the WHITE banister.



I still have a bit more trim to paint before all the trim upstairs is white, but it will happen.

Thanks for stopping by and happy painting!

Sharing at:
The Dedicated House
Cozy Little House
French Country Cottage
Common Ground

6 comments:

  1. WOW- it truly does make an amazing difference!

    Good for you- I cannot even imagine taking on a task that big, wow. You are so dedicated and hardy! It is absolutly amazing, and I am SO SO happy for you and excited for how awesome it came out. Yippppeeeee!~!~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a job!! But I agree, you can never go wrong with white trim. It just makes it all look so clean, bright, and crisp.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. The white paint really brightens things up. Such a pretty look. Thanks for the comments on my vintage photos. I really enjoyed putting it together and I love your vintage sewing machine! New GFC follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks soo GOOD!!! It's fresh and modern now!! And the window is a unique touch! Love it!! Found you on make it pretty Monday Party!

    Shelly
    minettesmaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there , I just put together a collage with super awesome inspiration on how to decorate with old windows on my blog Little Brags . I used a picture of yours with the source link back to you. Please come visit and if you do not want me to use your picture for any reason , please let me know and I will remove it asap. Thanks a bunch. Christine http://littlebrags.blogspot.com/2015/03/decorating-with-old-windows.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...