Monday, January 20, 2014

Winter Buffet

It is always hard after the Christmas decorations go down to make my living room look as beautiful as it did in December.


But this year I had some inspiration.....a dear friend of mine gave me these cute little white bibles for my birthday and that is were this whole vignette started.


I also found this brown and black movie reel box that they used to use to mail movies in at one of the local antique shops.


The label on the end said it once had the movie Mighty Joe Young in it from 1949.


Sadly the movie reel was not still in the box, but I loved the box so much I went ahead and got it.


I added a few other elements from around my house...


such as this old postcard postmarked 1914 and....


this is what I ended up with.


I hope all of you are getting a great start to your 2014!  Thanks, as always, for stopping by.

Sharing at....
COZY LITTLE HOUSE
KNICK OF TIME
CEDAR HILL FARMHOUSE - THE SCOOP
A STROLL THRU LIFE
COASTAL CHARM
DIY BY DESIGN
FROM MY FRONT PORCH TO YOURS
FRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE
THE CHARM OF HOME
JENNIFER RIZZO
ROMANTIC HOME
MY UNCOMMON SLICE OF SUBURBIA
COMMON GROUND
NANCHERROW

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful vignette! You know I love that film case and those darlin' Bibles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your vignette, its elegant and timeless....Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative! Love your script lamp shade and the 1914 postcard.
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pieces you've gathered, they look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your winter display is looking oh so pretty. Love the stack of white bibles and the postcards are a nice touch too. The whole look is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the white Bibles. Such a beautiful vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about coming up with ideas after all the Christmas is put away. You did a great job on your buffet. That movie reel box is terrific and it's a great complement to your other vintage finds.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that vignette, the colors are soft and relaxing. Stopping over from Jennifer Rizzo's link party. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Good mix of old and new.
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  10. you've done a great job
    making things pretty
    post-holiday

    love the bendy branches
    and collected bibs and bobs

    would love for you to share
    at Fridays Unfolded this week!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this beautiful Winter vignette...those wonderful white Bibles are my fav! You will be featured at my party on Monday.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. bowl of keys . . . old boxes . . .old books . . . L O V E your look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love stacking the Bibles like that. I have some old family bibles that would really look nice stacked on a beautiful tray. Thanks so much for the idea and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your buffet vignette is fabulous. Thanx for sharing it at THT.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...