Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Haunted Bookshop

I found this book last week at a consignment shop.  Is it not perfect for Halloween?  Not only are the colors perfect but the title is also.  The original copyright date for this book was 1919.  The book I bought was printed in 1951.  I looked this title and author up on Amazon and you can still purchase this story today.  It must be a pretty good book to still be in print.  I can not wait to read it.
When your talking stories that are perfect for Halloween you can not leave out Edgar Allen Poe.  I ordered this book last year just because of its cover.  I put it on my mantel last year to decorate for the season.

Here is a picture of my mantel from last year.

I wanted to show you the inside of the book because the illustrations are spooky just like the stories.

The next book I bought at an antique mall a few years ago because I wanted some orange books to decorate with for Fall.  I added this book because of the black and orange.

This year I am just going to leave these books setting out on my coffee table.  I think I am well on my way to starting my own Haunted Bookshop.


I am linking this post to 2805- Potpourri Party
Common Ground Vintage-Inspiration-Friday
Stuff-and-Nonsense Fridays Unfolded
The Charm of Home Home Sweet Home
Romantic Home Show-and-tell-Friday

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for your recent visit and kind comment. I love visiting your blog...it holds such great ideas and inspiration. Thank you for sharing them. Enjoy the day! Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these books and your boo sign too! Your pictures are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're giving me some good ideas! I think I have a copy of Dracula! Love your decor...and those crows! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Haunted Bookstore IS the perfect book for the season. Spooooky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love decorating with book and your orange colored books are perfect for the season!

    Thanks for linking to Potpourri Friday. I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great book finds and what a great tip to just look for Orange! Thank you for your kind words of congratulations, that was soo sweet!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great, I love decorating for the seasons with books! So glad you linked up to the party, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your books! Makes me want to go to the library and get a few to read for the season! Great finds! Thank you for linking up with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...