Tuesday, July 22, 2014

10th Anniversary of Book Club

It is hard to believe that my book club has been meeting for 10 years.  We have read many wonderful books and had many, many laughs along the way.  I wanted to do something extra since it was our anniversary.  Here are some of the decorations I made for the occasion.



I had a few books that we have read over the years and used them in my table centerpiece.


I wish I would have take photos before I put the candies on book pages, I think it would have looked better in the photo. But, who can resist candies?


Just for fun I selected the first lines of some of the books we had read over the years.  It was fun seeing the girls trying to figure out what book they were from.


For a treat I made what my book club has named "Beach Brownies" since we made them for the fist time on a beach trip we took.  To make these wonderful brownies you mix up a brownie mix according to the package, stir in coconut pecan frosting, pour in the pan and top with chocolate chips and pecans, then bake according to the package.


This is the book we read for this month.  My club rated it 4.3 out of 5 stars. It's a great book!

 
For a little parting gift I made up these cute little book worm baggies.


Thanks for stopping by.  I would love to hear what all of you have been reading this summer so feel free to leave a comment and let me know.

HAPPY READING!


3 comments:

  1. Well, of course, I'm loving this post. But, then, I love them all! Your photos are great and so was the celebration. Thanks for doing such a great job of hosting! Here's to 10 more years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little reading nook. It is adorable, but I'm sure it's not where you read. I'm sure the place you read is more comfortable but just as adorable. I'm an avid reader too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruth,
    Love your Read banner so cute. How fun that you have a book club get together. Wow and for 10 years strong. Congrats and Happy Anniversary.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...