Thursday, August 11, 2011

Coffee Bean Sacks

I love decorating with things I find at the antique mall.  Among my many purchases are two old coffee bean sacks.  The first one I found just happened to be an old Starbucks sack.  It was in such good condition that I framed it and hung it on my wall.

I had trouble finding a frame the size I wanted so I have my hubby to thank for this one.

The second coffee bean sack I found was not in as good of condition so I cut the edges off, folded it in half and put it on my buffet like a table runner, printing showing of course.




I also can't seem to get enough of pillows made out of old grain sacks or made to look like they are made out of old grain sacks.



The pillow on the chair above and the pillows on the couch below I purchased from Restoration Hardware.


The pillow below I purchased from Etsy.  Isn't it cute!?!


Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit.   I love hearing from all of you and appreciate all your comments.


I am linking this post to  
The Shabby Creek Cottage coffee-creations-party 
Common Ground Vintage Inspirations Friday
French Country Cottage Feathered-Nest-Friday
Romantic Home Show-and-Tell-Friday 

19 comments:

  1. The coffee and grain sacks look great! You're so creative! Love the shutters and window on the wall. Have a good weekend.
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coffee bean sacks add so much texture and interest to your room. Love the browns with the whites.
    Happy Friday,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! So creative and beautiful. I love reading your posts. There is always a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! I love how you used the grain sack as wall art...so creative! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those pillows too! Your buffet arrangement is so wonderfully done. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful, I was just checking out those pillows on RH this afternoon! Love your coffee sacks and how you've used them, thanks so much for linking up with VIF, xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love those pillows!!! So cute! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always loved those burlap pillows. They look great in your home! - Lana www.lifeatwildberrycottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. saw your wall with the shutters and window frame on Cozy Little House. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i just adore all of your lovely french touches! i have an affinity for all things "francais" as well. I found you by way of Common Ground and am your newest follower! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute stuff!
    I love the buffet also, I almost bought one like it in In.
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  12. For a coffee bag that wasn't in such great shape, it sure looks fabulous!!!! Purrsonally, I think burlap and typography is so classic without being stuffy! Kudos on a wonderful remake!

    Purrs!

    Romeo and "her"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the coffee sacks. Everything looks wonderful.
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to have discovered your Beautiful Blog this Evening... your Home and Found Treasures are lovely!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your rooms! Been perusing your blog/home for about a half an hour now :) I have even Pinterested some spaces :)
    I have two wingback chairs, also, that I slipcovered in matelasse, too!
    http://goodbyehousehellohome.blogspot.com/2010/03/white-matelasse-slip-covered-wingback.html
    ANyway, just thought you'd like to know.
    I pray you have a blessed day making your home!
    HUGS,
    Leslie
    P.S. I'm your 100th follower! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this post! Thanks for sharing your coffee/grain sacks inspiration!

    Also thanks for your sweet note on my top 3 projects of the year...I'm new to the blogging world, but I've found so much encouragement from fellow bloggers!

    I wish you all the best in the new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your coffee and grain sacks are so cool... love the pillows.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...